Sunday, February 23, 2014

Choppin' trees....an oldie

I can finally update! Yeah! ;)
Remember this summer when I said there were a lot of projects going on?  Then I mentioned that we were having some trees cut down.....do you remember this?!? Well....I never posted anything on it and I am FINALLY coming around to do so.
The morning sunrise....what a great start to the day!
 
The first chop!

Amazing!
So close to the house
Some big trees!

 All in all we had 3.5 trees removed.  We are not in the sport of cutting trees, these trees were dead or dying due to the terrible emerald Ash borer.  I was extremely sad to watch the large tree on the hill go.  We did leave behind a 30 ft. stump because the tree was too large for the tree service to cut.  They estimated the tree to be near 150 yrs old. It has overseen this property and everything that has happened here....a real piece of history.

Good Night!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment