Saturday, November 15, 2014

Miscarriage & thankfulness ...that there is good in this world!

Is it possible to put these two words together?
I can answer yes, and here's why...  This has been by far the most difficult thing in life thus far, and the pain seems to linger.  However I have been busy seeking the silver lining instead of allowing this situation to own me.  I feel that I can look back on this time with thankfulness and clarity that I did not previously have.  I have found that I am much more thankful for many things that I was taking for granted.

 I am beyond grateful for my wonderful husband and everything that he has done for me.  He has been there every step of the way, supporting me, hugging me, cheering me on and cheering me up, waking up in the middle of the night to take care of me, make me a snack, and just plain being a huge help!  He puts a smile on my face daily and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to see him step up in a whole new way.  I love him in ways that I never knew existed, and I can honestly say he will be there for me regardless.  He completes me in ways I didn't think was possible.

 I am also grateful for the family, and the friends who have been there for me in various ways.  Acquaintances that I have found to be more of a friend than those I considered friends. You have made me rethink my life and how I go about my days. Thank you!

I recently went to a gathering with co-workers.  One of them greeted me and shared that she had something for me.  She previously had been through 2 miscarriages and offered me some great advice as I began on my path through this miscarriage.  I was thankful to know someone who had been there recently and could tell me what to expect because something you do not realize is how scary this process actually is.  Especially when you have never been there and have no idea what to expect.  Well, on this particular day, several months after my miscarriage and a week after the D&C I eventually had, she stood there with a gift for me.  She shared that it was something that was given to her after her 2nd miscarriage.  As I opened the box, I saw a pin that said 'Believe' and she continued to explain that it was her reminder to believe that something good is to come.  "Just have faith because it will happen" she said.  She is proof of that, as she just had an adorable little guy that I was able to hold and cuddle that night. 

I stood there with tears in my eyes for several reasons that night.  Thankful to have proof that it does get better, thankful that someone is still thinking about my pain long after I feel everyone has forgotten, thankful to know that there is good in this world!  That people step up in ways you never maybe imagined they would.  I have always known her as just a co-worker, someone that I see daily, but never outside of work related things.  However, she showed me that sometimes the people you least expect to be there for you in rough times do the exact opposite.  Then you find that the ones you expect to be there are no where to be found....silent....missing....and you feel alone.  So I am thankful to those who step up when it matters the most.  The ones that love you when you are up or when you are down...those are the ones that make you thankful. 

I know that everything happens for a reason. 

 Life moves forward. 

When my 'believe' happens, I plan to be that angel to someone else, because that is what she was that day....an angel that made me thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment