Monday, July 8, 2013

Antiques....

We enjoy finding neat antiques.  We go to a monthly antique fair and we also find estate, garage, and barn sales to rummage through to find neat things for around our house.  We started this while at the old house and quickly began accumulating 'too' many things!  However, I am very thankful because everything does happen for a reason.....all of those antiques look great in this new house!
Below I will share a few of our good finds!
Our new rocker



One of the new nightstands
Stained leaded glass hooiser

Stained leaded glass panel my husband picked for me!

One of our many book shelves.  Filled with our many books on things we like. On top we have an antique glass buoy that we picked at a shop in FL and an antique wood level.

Another hoosier....this was one of our first antiques!
Some of my orchids adorn the top.  In the fore ground, you can see my beautiful granite counters.
 

Another book shelf picked at the Antique fair in town.
Another wood level on top as well as a Swazeey's Improved Mason next to the stone bird house with copper roof that was made by Drew's mom!

Stained glass lamp picked online....unfortunately it sustained damage in shipping ! :(
 
Some of my ball jars....do you see the fish pitcher up top?  It is a gurgle pot.  When you fill it with water, it makes a gurgle noise when you pour it....it's neat!
 

1 comment: